12.27.2013

year

At 8.48p at this time last year the world as my family knew it had changed. Q was born just over 2lbs and about 12 weeks before he was expected. It was unreal the ups and downs and how many people showered him and my sister and brother-in-law in prayer.

Q's first outfit, just days after he was born.

Q's first birthday party (a day late, since he was sick on his actual birthday)


This year, the little man who stole our hearts was sick and missed his own celebration. As guests came to our house just to say quick hellos, a moment stood out to me. My dad's best friend had come to drop off a card and wish the little man a happy one year of crawling around the earth. It was a simple conversation - if you can even call it that. As they stood in the doorway, my dad took Q in his arms and said, "Quinton, this is Eric." I wish I had a video of that moment in time, my dad so proud of his first little grandson. Words can't capture the sweetness of the moment. Which I realize is not so conducive to a blog, but it's my blog so I do what I want. Just take my word for it, it was tender and awesome.

It's pretty incredible and humbling to think that God, in the middle of running the world and keeping things together, had time and concern for this little life that's so important and precious to us and so far removed from presidents or kings or anyone that gets assigned "real" value. But He did. And a year later, even though he keeps me from sleeping anytime I get to come back to visit him, I'm so glad this little life continues ...and cries... and laughs ...and does his bodily functions wherever he wants. Because baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment