6.09.2011

living out of a bag

Nomad. An odd joining of words. Cupcake is sort of shaped like a cup and is also a cake. Lap tops are designed to sit on top of your lap. But a nomad is someone who wanders - with no home. There's definitely no way a wanderer is no[t] mad.

I hate living out of a bag. I've done it before having worked at camp for every summer from age 16 til 20. It's awful. You never quite know where anything is and whatever you need is inevitably at the bottom of the bag.

Today I'm actually living out of a bag. I feel somewhat like all the clothes haphazardly strewn throughout my car/suitcase/duffel. It's like my life has been turned upside down. I never thought at 24 that I would be living so far from home, watching HGTV, blogging, and about to have an ex-husband.

How do we get here? How do we take so many small steps in one direction before we realize that we're so far away from the mark that we can't even see it anymore? I don't know, but I'm there.

Tossed around a bit. Exhausted. But alive. With a community more supportive than I could have imagined and a God bigger and beyond even what I thought I knew.

More and more I realize, the only thing that's good in me is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment