7.11.2011

is anyone good at good-bye?

Mostly I consider myself a leaver. I'm not sure if subconsciously I can't stay in one place, but no one in my life for the past decade has known me beyond 4 years.

Now another set of good-byes. And it's going to be tough.

I've been with an incredible group of girls for the last 3 years. They've walked with me through love... heartbreak... difficult times... fun times... and even random trips to Wal-Mart. I've seen them grow from 3 tiny 6th grade pixies to a group of around 25 maturing women - learning who they are, what they want, and how to follow God for themselves.

They've changed friends. They've discovered boys. They've dated. They've gotten their hearts broken.

They've lived through stuff I never dreamed of at 14 - feeling ugly enough to be self-destructive, suicide, abuse from those who should be their protectors, the temptation of alcohol and drugs, wrestling with whether God is real or not, and peer pressure to try things I didn't even know existed at their age.

And here they are. Strong. Capable. Honest. and the most beautiful girls I've ever known.

It's been a privilege even to be a small part of their lives.

And saying goodbye is going to suck.

1 comment:

  1. You girls are beautiful. No matter what you've been told, or what you've been trained to think, or what you have gone through. I love you and am going to miss you all as well. Remember to live and love.

    ReplyDelete