7.05.2011

weeds

Let's get this out of the way. I know I live in Colorado, but this is NOT a post about THAT kind of weed. Okay. Moving on...

I spent this weekend pulling weeds. From everywhere. Giant ones. Sticky ones. Pokey ones. No matter how much weed paper, weed killer, or whatever else is supposed to get rid of weeds - still they grow. Everywhere. Even in the crappy brown stuff that I am not sure is even soil in my backyard. Weeds. Grow. All the time.

It made me realize... weeds are really the perfect example of life. During our small group with a random smattering of middle school girls, we talked about the importance of making good decisions. Constantly. It's not like you can just make one good decision one day and it lasts you the rest of your life. Every day... every hour... every minute, we must choose the right decision.

Just like you can't just pull weeds once, spray once or lay weed paper once. It takes work. And it's not easy.

If I'm being really honest... sometimes, I just want easy. The road less traveled by is that way for a reason.

But then again, I'm faced with the question: do I really want weeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment