9.19.2012

mundane.

You know how whenever you're stuck in traffic, you look at the other side of the highway and think, Man... I sure wish I were going the other direction. They're flying!

Or when you're sick and sneezing constantly, you think, I don't even remember what it's like to not have to use an entire box of tissues in one day. What must that be like?

Maybe that's just me. I have a tendency to look at whatever is going on in my life right now and not see what has been... or what could be. I mean, whoever really stops to think, I am so glad that my grass is greener than THAT guy's.

Because most often, I've felt God show up when things are hard, I wonder if when things are just okay I forget to look at my need for Jesus.


I want to change that. 

I want to see God working in the mundane, and not just the chaos.
I want to learn more and follow Jesus better when I'm just reading my Bible and not just at a special conference.
I want to love the students that I work with well when their parents are good and school is going okay and not just when their family explodes or they have to move suddenly.

Also, I don't have grass. So my grass will never be greener.
I'm such a good optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment