9.27.2012

struggle.

An Open Letter to my hurting friend(s):

Life is hard. In fact...sometimes it downright sucks.

Like now. Things are hard. All around. It feels out of control. There's not one area of life that's steady. I know. I've been there. And it was hard.

There are lots of people who can maybe give you better answers than this, but there isn't a right answer.
If there were, someone would have told you it already.
If there was something someone could say that would make things suddenly easier, they would have said it.
If there was a magic wand that could make people trade places and help each other, someone would be a millionaire.

But, from me, knowing you... let me say this:
You are loved. By the people around you. By a God that created you and currently rules the universe.
You are smart. Good at your job (or jobs). A leader. The kind people want to follow, which is not a quality every leader possesses.
You are a good friend. In spite of your crazy chaos, you have been able to see me in the middle of it all. And I am so grateful.

I'm sorry that things are so tough. I pray for you a lot.
You're strong and this season will pass. And you serve a big God.

But I get that it sucks right now. Take what time you need.
-me-

No comments:

Post a Comment