10.08.2012

stability.

It's not fair.
It's not fair that good kids get hurt.
It's not fair that middle school students hear that their parents don't want them... from their parents.
It's not fair that people make terrible choices, and it affects you. And wounds you.
It's not fair that the person that you love, that you fight for, that you consider your best friend can take the intimate knowledge they have of you, and use it against you.

Kids are broken.
People are broken.
We're all broken. 

And it sucks. 
And I believe in a good God and trust that He is in control, but it's harder some days than others.
It's hard to not want to just take the pain away from the people that I love.

Sometimes I hate when my own world is spinning away well while I watch as people I care about lose theirs. And I wish my world would crash instead of theirs. Which is dumb. Because I should be grateful that what's going on in my life is okay. And be steady for the people who need stability.

So in the good times in my own life... while others are in chaos... I still need to follow hard after Jesus. Because if someone is going to lean on me, I should lean on something bigger. So I can point them to the cure, not just treatment.

1 comment:


  1. Thanks for being real... and making me cry.. I know God is a good God but it's hard not to wonder when so much is broken around me and in my own life.

    ReplyDelete