1.22.2012

protected.

I don't like to admit this much (so the appropriate place to talk about this is definitely on the internets), but I am scared. I can't watch shows like Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU or any scary movie because I don't sleep well afterwards. I've become a light sleeper, worried about every little noise.

The experience of being threatened physically is pretty horrifying. Especially when it comes from someone who is supposed to love you and protect you.

So this weekend, when the pastor said:
Love means protecting and providing.
It hit me.

I was sitting between two of my best friends and I realized how grateful I was to both of them for the way that they have - probably unknowingly - protected me.
They hold doors.
They drive because I hate it.
They put in drywall anchors even if it will be the death of them.
They cook dinner with me.
They come over to be around when I'm really just being paranoid.
They challenge me to be a better woman, a better leader, a better Christ-follower.

I write a lot when things are bad. How tough life is. How God must still be good in all of it. And I forget a lot to see God when He's showing up so clearly in my life.

So today, I'm just grateful.
And feeling protected.

1 comment: