7.16.2012

anniversary

Today is my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary.
Well. I think it is. I always forget if it's the 16th or 17th. So. It's either today. Or close to today.


Growing up, my sister and I had our differences. She was dresses and shoes to my sports and t-shirts. We went through the stage where I know I just bothered her (sorry, Sista!). Then I became her study partner for her ridiculous dental hygiene classes. Then she got married and moved to Ohio with this guy who once bought us an ice cream scoop because all our spoons were bent.

They've been married for 12 years. (Or possibly 11. Again. It's something close.) And they are one of the couples that I look at and think... wow. This marriage thing? It can really work.

My sister and her husband came out to visit about a month ago and I had an epiphany:
I really LOVE my sister. 

She's hilarious. And sometimes crazy. And her husband has played a big part of that.
The things that I love about him, have spread to her.
And the things that she's really good at, have transferred to him.
They get in tiffs, but then they give each other "hugs and kisses!" and figure it out.

Their story will never be mine, but it's tailor-made for them by a God who writes incredible and creative love stories.
And He can be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment