8.24.2012

year.

I didn't move at all when I was growing up. Well... except for the BIG move from South Korea (where I was born) to upstate New York, but... that wasn't really my choice (yay adoption!). The last 8 years? I've moved from a tiny town... to a town full of corn... to the city known for being the ghetto... to a city WAAAY north of anything I wanted to be a part of... to the suburbs.


Not much has stayed the same in the last 5 years.
Friends have come and gone.
I've had 3 different supervisors at my job and held 3 different titles.
Three tiny 6th grade girls grew into fifteen or more strong sophomore women.
An incredible group of men and women have walked through life leading a group of crazy and awesome middle school kids at my church.
Those closest to me have walked through some of the highest points in their life... and some of the lowest.
I got engaged... married... and then divorced. And survived.

Over the last year, the instability in my world has righted itself and I find myself here today with a community that I can't even begin to thank for the way they have shown up when I've needed them most.


I'm grateful for people who have given me a couch to sleep on when I've needed it.
Who've listen to me cry on the phone and felt helpless even though it was the thing I needed the most.
Who've sat with me for hours on my roof and just heard me.
Who've challenged me to follow Jesus better... and let me do the same for them.
Who've driven all the way downtown just for ice cream (the best ice cream ever, might I add).
Who've waited for hours for breakfast at my favorite breakfast place (what? I like food)
Who've learned more about radio than they've ever wanted to.
Who've run marathons, half marathons or just come to watch.

Who've done life with me.
"Who've" is a funny contraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment