12.08.2011

home.

My childhood was nowhere near perfect. Really it was more like living in a sitcom. But I never realized until now how grateful I should have been for a stable place to sleep, a tight family, and food whenever I felt like eating.
< and this view out my window

Not everyone gets to grow up that way.

And it's not fair.



Why do some kids have it all?
And others have empty refrigerators, no one to lean on, and a shelter that can barely be called a house?

Who loves these kids? When they act out in school or give you attitude or are just plain mean? Who takes the time to look past the walls of pain built on a shaky foundation to actually love these kids? With action. Knowing there won't be a thanks or even a smile or hug at the end.

But today I've been struck with this truth... as overwhelming as it seems that are so many utterly broken and torn down people in this world... I serve a big God. He is in control.

And He's Strong Enough to Save.
He'll break open the skies to save those who cry out His name.
The One the wind and waves obey is strong enough to save you.
[tenth avenue north]

No comments:

Post a Comment