12.10.2011

in an instant

I can't believe how heavy and light my heart is as I write this. I didn't know I even had the capacity to feel both emotions so strongly at once.

I spent tonight with some of the most incredible kids on the planet. I don't think I laugh harder or find myself being the person I feel created to be than when I'm with them. They're loud, honest, creative and spontaneous.

As I look into their lives more deeply, my heart breaks. The decisions they're faced with, the decisions of others that have huge effects on their life, the people who are supposed to be there for them but are shirking their responsibility - it sucks. I want the best life possible for them, but I can't save them. I can't make their choices for them. I can't be with them every moment.

I need the reminder that I am not God. But He is big. He's there and walking with them every step of the way. I'm just glad that He's let me walk with them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment