4.02.2012

team gale

Yes. That's a Hunger Games reference. I know. I'm a #sellout. (Yep. Hashtagged a blog post.)

If you know nothing about these books then let me explain the part you need to know to understand why I am "Team Gale." Katniss, the lead character, has a best friend and hunting partner, Gale. They're always together and pretty uncertain of how they feel about each other. Then she goes to compete in the Hunger Games (hence the name of the book) where 24 teenagers fight to kill each other. Uplifting, huh? The other person from her district competing is Peeta, a boy who admits his long, unrequited love for her before they head into the arena into certain death. (Apparently everyone in the post-apocalyptic world will have crazy names.)

Peeta puts up with Katniss's bad attitude, unpredictable personality and uncertainty about... well.. just about everything.
Gale is missing in most of the first book, but makes a comeback as the man who protected their district and Katniss's family as he promised he would.

Two of my closest female friends love Peeta. The boy who loves so relentlessly, is honest about his feelings for the heroine and takes a backseat to push her to be her best. He pursues her through her less-than-attractive times.

But as I mentioned before... that's not me.
I want to love someone who is fighting alongside me. Not just fighting for me.

Love, to me, is spoken in ...
Being the person I know I can call because things are falling apart or just because I need to talk with someone.
Inside jokes that make sense only to us and for no good reason.
Going on an adventure together and loving it.
Sitting around, cleaning the house or making dinner and still loving it.
Not having to turn on the radio while we're driving because we're busy talking about something... or nothing.
Silence because it's just comfortable being together.
Challenging me to do better at being a Christ-follower, leader and person without making me feel like I've been inadequate up until that point.
Knowing when it's okay to point out the things I'm terrible at and when to not ever bring up that failure again.

As you can see, I'm clearly a hopeless romantic.
Walks on the beach and such as.

No comments:

Post a Comment